10 ways to Improve Your SEO and Help Grow Your Business
Category : Search Engine Optimisation
SEO (short for Search Engine Optimisation) ensures your site is always built with quality control measures in place.
As we know search engine updates and algorithms are constantly changing.
These updates can see some website owners rubbing their hands with glee, or some heading straight back to the drawing board.
This is why building a quality user friendly website and sweet online presence should be one of the main goals for any business owner.
This is where our SEO service helps you to develop a quality website that engages your users, and promotes reputable mentions mentions and links from other sites in your industry, in your target locations.
If you’re a new comer to the SEO world, watch our video below where we explain a little more about search engine optimisation.
10 Top SEO Tips
Ok, so let’s get straight into 10 tips to improving the SEO on your website. Please note: There are alot more pointers than these, but these will help get you started for now.
- Know your primary search terms and keywords that people will use when looking for you. A great tool here is the Google Keyword Strategy Tool where you are able to see not only the search terms, but also the search volumes on a regular basis.
- Check the loading speed of your website as this is quite important to help your users find what they’re looking for fast. You can do this simply here.
- Aim to create a sticky website. This means that when someone lands on your page they find something interesting to keep them there. This could be use of video or good engaging content, but whatever your page is about make sure that it creates interest with the user. Bounce rates should always be reduced wherever possible.
- Make sure your content is always fresh and interesting and your site is regularly updated with new attractive information.
- Always be looking to get other sites to link to you and across social media as well to mention and link to you. As your link building grows on a natural basis so will this help with your ranking results.
- Keep an eye on your competitor websites and what they’re doing as in the ideal world you always want to be ahead, they may do something that you could better and help engage your visitors even more.
- Keep an eye on your google search console and webmaster tools for any errors or messages that will help notify you to keep your site as clean as possible. Check for any 404 errors, incorrect re-directs etc.
- Create a company blog on your website and post regularly on a monthly basis. Although, quality is better than quantity remember and it is all about attracting your readership and reaching your audience with topical well written information. You can also engage with your audience through the comments boxes at the bottom which we really recommend. You can post your blogs onto social media outlets to help gain more interest.
- Internal linking is always helpful for the user. When you’re writing a blog or new webpage and you come across keywords or phrases that provide helpful information into other relevant areas on your site, then place a link behind them. This will help the visitor gain more comprehensive information at the click of a button.
- Make sure you use your keywords in your URL and keep them short and to the point. This will help the search engines direct the traffic to your webpage as long as the content is relevant to the search.
As a bonus we thought we would give you a little checklist to help you set out each of your webpages correctly. Each of these points need to be health checked to protect against any spammy content and to be made sure they are search friendly;
- URL string
- Page Title
- Meta Tags
- Header Tags
- Relevant Links
- Page Content
- Image Alt Tags
- View State Code
- Spacing Issues
- Fresh Content
- Keyword stuffing
- Canonical tags
If you would like help with your website then please contact our SEO Agency in Southend on Sea, or call us on 0844 603 0100 as we would love to have a chat with you.