Are you looking for a Motivational Speaker?
Matt is born and bred in the UK, and was a high flying Banker for 10 years from 1990 to 2000. He knew how to live the ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality. When he went self-employed earning a substantial income in 2001, the ‘play hard’ soon started to take over, and he ran into trouble with alcohol and drugs. He had become very successful in business, and had a natural born gift to making businesses grow. However, due to battling his addictions, he ended up in a rehab back in 2003 to get some help.
Fast forward 15 years and Matt is alcohol and drug free, is thriving in the Business Community and over the years since overcoming his addictions has set up 3 very successful companies. One of the companies he donated to charity, and in turn over the years they’ve received significant funds to help them grow.
Matt is married, with 3 sons and a daughter and a devoted family man, but also has a real passion to help motivate others to have the right balance in life. As well as life style talks, he also helps companies prevent staff going down the same road as he did in his earlier business life, by sharing his experiences on how to overcome. This has led to increased and focused productivity in the work place. Matt has a tremendous zest for life, is an excellent communicator, full of charisma, energy, a true motivator for sales, and an expert in business growth. Matt’s topics include overcoming adversary, a call to action, stay focused, building the right bridges, think big and many more.
Matt is also a Mentor and Management Consultant working alongside high level leadership, to provide planning and implementation strategies to ensure goals are achieved for the next stages of Business Growth.
A Short Bio
Matt is a skilled Business entrepreneur and marketing professional, able to raise the efficiency and success of a business through implementing innovative strategies. Link with a range of digital media and social channels to initiate a strong marketing presence. Able to determine client’s needs, translating this into real campaigns and strategy plans, and has over 28 years business experience, as well as an international motivational speaker.
To check Matt’s diary, please send us your details below, or call 0844 603 0100 for more info.
Help motivate your teams | Real life story of achievements | Overcoming adversary
He’s happy to speak on a topic of your choice, and travels worldwide!
Matt’s Business Operational Experience Includes:
- Business Transformation
- Strategic Planning Development & Performance
- Business Consultancy
- Motivational Speaker
- Business Planning & Research
- Market Analysis
- Financial Modelling
- Digital Marketing
- Sales – B2B and B2C
- Leadership Development
- Building Dynamic Service Structures
- Communication Strategies
- Relationship Management
- Professional Services & Support
Mar 2018-Present 1st Choice Marketing Motivational Speaker
Founder and CEO
- Provide services to clients enabling them to plan sales strategies, generate new business, and effectively implement new ideas
- Design and improve websites, offering SEO health checks
- Manage social media marketing posts for clients, and undertake email marketing strategies on their behalf
- Liaise with clients regarding brand awareness, reviewing position, offering improvement advice
- Generate press releases to attract new business for clients, operating on both a national and international scale
- An enthusiastic, fun motivational speaker helping to motivate staff to reach their maximum potential
- Design/supply a range of marketing material, working with clients to interpret individual needs
Apr 2003-Present BreakerYard.com
Having initially established the company, and built it into a successful enterprise, took some time away from the routine operations to work on other business initiatives, recently returning to rebuild operational foundations to further secure its success.
Managing Director / Sales and Marketing Director / Operations Director /Business Development Manager
- Create and manage current online operations for the systematic process of stripping down vehicles for parts and placing the buyers in touch with the sellers
- Rebuilt Sales team, utilising innovative and numerous strategic acumen
- Re-establish marketing strategies by implementing a SWOT analysis, devising an innovative plan to remain competitive
- Initiated radio and TV adverts, creating storyboards, directing performances and booking slots
- Designed and managed Website and Blog, implementing SEO
- Created PR company mentions across local and National media including personal quotes in The Guardian (See Article) and The Telegraph (See Article)
- Manage and generate new sales, creating and implementing a clear strategic plan to obtain successful referrals, exploring and tapping into fresh client databases and fine tuning all routes to market
- Deliver exemplary customer service, ensuring a consistent approach throughout the company
- Direct and create all administrative functions to fully support the sales and marketing strategy
- Manage accounting systems
- Direct staff, motivating and providing incentives, working collaboratively
- Establish Key Performance Indicators
- Manage accounts and stretch profit margins where possible, evaluating income and expenditure
- Founded the company, targeting and generating new customers and sellers, delivering company profit within 16 months, leading to a £750,000 annual turnover
- Created winning formula, rolling this out to other people, growing the business and the initial concept
- Runners up in the Barking and Dagenham Business Awards 2013
- Enabled companies who subscribed to double their turnover with the customers generated
- Set up a successful Call Centre generating £180,000 additional profit for the company
Jul 2015-Oct 2017 Essex Rooms
- Collaborated with another party to establish a home improvement business
- Managed all marketing activities, pro-actively establishing cold call strategies
- Built SEO friendly website to generate business managing PR and social media channels to generate direct business
- Created banners, flyers, sign written vans, and managed online customer review processes
- On boarded new customers, targeted A1B1 consumers by pro-actively approaching London commuters from local affluent areas
- Streamlined online conversion funnels to generate leads
- Utilised innovative techniques to successfully grow the business, such as offering financial incentives to existing customers, using work completed to showcase to prospective customers
- Established accounting procedures, including material suppliers and administration support for staff and sales, managing shop premises
- Achieved £50,000 profit in first 12 months
- Reached £560,000 annual turnover in year 2, reporting £90,000 profit
Aug 2001-Apr 2003 Media Group International
Project Manager / Area Sales Manager
- Delivered/generated B2B direct sales, managing an Area team to generate and boost sales income
- Built and maintained productive client relationships, providing reports on the successes of the campaigns
- Managed and regularly exceeded all sales targets, influencing team to surpass similar targets
- Developed network of contacts with other sales experts, sharing good practice, and learning sales techniques to increase operational capacity
- Achieved ‘top salesman award 2001’ for dramatically increasing regional sales
- Managed a new area sales team, leading to an increase of 25% in weekly company turnover
Matt is a board trustee at Restoring Life Ministries, a UK based charity whose mission is to restore broken lives, help broken families, broken relationships and those caught in addiction needing support, healing, love and compassion.
Jun 1990-Aug 2001 NatWest Bank
Secured solid progression within the company following exemplary execution of tasks; roles included:
- Financial Planning Manager (2000-2001)
- Share Dealing (1997-2000)
- Branch Sales Co-Ordinator (1994-1997)
- Customer Services Officer (1990-1994)
Education and Qualifications
Banking Financial Planning Certificates – Levels 1, 2 and 3 MLIA (dip): NatWest Bank
Additional Skills and Interests
Enjoys charity fund raising and established a process that brought substantial funds in, helping others reach their maximum potential, cycling and keeping fit.